Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My EXTREMELY Ordinary And Boring Story About How I Started Reading Manga...PART1



Hi there ! I've taken a great interest in manga and anime since last year , so I thought I'd share how it started..
As much as I can remember , the first anime I've ever watched was either Final Fantasy:Unlimited or Paradise Kiss , I can't really recall , but each of them made me search non-stop for sequels, other anime and ....etc.
As for FF:U , I don't think that it was a good start for me at all.It had 25 episodes that were supposed to be 26 but they didn't make the 26th episode because they were short on money ! So long story short , it ended on a cliff-hanger , and the most annoying thing was when the narrator at the ending said:'' I wonder what happened to our heroes ?! You'll find that out the next time we meet ..'' And I was like ,speechless ,freezing there for a moment and couldn't believe myself.Seriously what the..!Obviously I couldn't and wouldn't meet again with you , mrs. narrator ! :@.I was really disappointed since I didn't get to know what happened to any of the main characters after wasting my precious time watching 25 episodes !Well , anyways I overcame the shock , moved on and made a little research about the topic , and found out that the series has SEQUELS in forms of JAPANESE books,web novels and drama CDs ,e.g. FF:U After and even FF:U Before!. ..Oh joy :S ! Since I can't read or understand Japanese I couldn't even get the drama CD nor the 2 books ..And , to make it worse , Those web novels were put on the anime's site WHICH HAS BEEN TAKEN DOWN ! And to make it worse and worse , I've read that even the books and drama CD left a lottt of questions unanswered...

What a lucky , delightful first experience ...:'( but , you know , I somehow don't regret it..I don't regret it at all! I actually had fun watching the anime! And I'm sort of in love with most of the characters! Especially Makenshi and Kuroki Kaze ! And of course , nothing can be compared to Kaze's motto :''Soil ,my power ! The soil triad to use on you has been decided!...The Magun * has thawed !''  And after weeks of searching ,asking people and signing up into all sorts of forums , I  managed to find some summaries of those books and novel sequels , so I got to know some of what happened (which also left tons of questions unanswered btw)and was kind of relieved (but of course not completely)..
So that was my fortunate debut in the world of anime , folks ! Be sure to stay tuned because I'll be back with part II(maybe) and the story of Paradise Kiss and it's influence on me..

*The Magun is some sort of gun Kaze(the character) used to summon some mythological creatures using the soil power  in this gun (As his name is Kuroki kaze aka Black Wind in Japanese so his power was mainly soil.)

Makenshi



Kuroki kaze
The cool Makenshi and Kaze

Ahh ! Kaze's saying his cool famous line !

That's his Magun


No comments:

Post a Comment